My Hand Forged Frontier “Gila” Knife



This is a hand forged knife I made over a hot mesquite fire. I call it the “Gila” after the Southwestern Gila Monster lizard. The pattern of the blade reminded me of this venomous creature. The full tang blade is 1095 carbon steel with curly maple scales that were etched by hand. Blade length is 6” and is 11” long overall. I handmade a leather sheath to compliment the Gila Frontier Knife. 

This knife pays homage to the American Southwest. I designed it to meet the demands of this unforgiving environment. The Gila Frontier Knife is at home doing camp chores, processing game, and balanced and nimble enough to be used as a fighting knife.


Initial concept knife


1095 Carbon Steel


Gila Monster Lizard


Curly Maple scales


Custom hand stitched leather sheath


The Gila Frontier Knife

Buy 1095 Flat Bar Knife Stock Here




Comments